q Common Questions | Bibb County, Alabama
Sign Up for the Bibb Alert

Close Search

Emergency Info & Bibb Alert

Renew Your License Tag

Common Questions

Here are a number of common questions and answers regarding life in Bibb County, concerns about county infrastructure, and various other issues.

“How do I contact the Sheriff’s Office after hours when it is not a 911 emergency call?”

Call the dispatch office at 205.926.3129.

“Who do I call with complaints or questions about roads, animals, garbage service or doing business with the county commission?”

Call the county commission office at 205.926.3114 during normal business hours.

“Where do I go to pay my property taxes?”

The Tax Assessor and Tax Collector office is located in the Court House Annex Building at 8 Court Square West, Centreville AL, 35042.

“Where do I go to buy a vehicle tag or drivers license?”

You can go to the Probate Office at 8 Court Square West to do business in person or the online portal on this website to renew your tag. You can renew your drivers license on line by visiting the State website at https://www.alabamainteractive.org/.

“I have a family member in the Bibb County jail. Can I send him/her money without traveling to Bibb County?”

Yes you can. Visit the Sheriff’s website at http://bibbcosoal.org/.

“What are the hours for the County Landfill, and how do I contact them?”

The transfer station at the landfill is open 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as the 3rd Saturday of each month from 7:30 a.m. until noon.  The phone number for the landfill is 205.928.9221